Bob Moog Day
August 21st was the anniversary of Bob Moog’s death. Very few people have changed electronic music to the same extent as Bob Moog. His impact is so widespread that people remember him in all kinds of ways that are meaningful to their particular connection with him. Take a moment to pay tribute to Bob by:
– Connecting with Bob through your instrument. Lay down a killer lead on your synth or play an ethereal melody on your theremin.
– Listening to some of your favorite Moog tunes. Bob loved working with musicians and fed off their creative drive. He was often astonished at what they could do with his instruments.
– Going out and hear some live music tonight. Bob believed deeply in live music as a force that brings people together in community.
– Reading about Bob’s life, work, and legacy. Visit the CaringBridge site and read Ileana Grams-Moog’s reflection on today’s significance.
– Supporting the Bob Moog Foundation. They carry Bob’s legacy forward by inspiring and educating people through electronic music. Donate here so that they can continue their work.
If you already haven’t, you have to watch Hans Fjellestad’s absolutely fantastic documentary called “Moog”. Below is a segment from the movie. Run out and buy the full movie here.
Oh, and here are a couple of fantastic pictures of Bob Moog on stage with Keith Emerson, courtesy of analogsynthblog.blogspot.com:
I’ll catch up with you later – I’m off to play my Minimoog …